25 November 2006

Chartres


chartres cathedral3, originally uploaded by tintinetmilou.

Rainy Friday in Paris. Didn't get much sleep last night worrying and trying to find out the condition of my mother-in-law. Originally planned on taking the TGV to Lyon but didn't get up in time and with the rainy weather wouldn't be much fun.
Decided to go off to Chartres instead.
The Cathedral was impressive by its size and stained glass. There were only about 20 of us "tourists" in the Cathedral.
I'd like to go back again when the sun is out as it was very dark inside the Cathedral and while the stained glass was beautiful I can only imagine what it would have been like with full sunlight.

Luckily the rain stopped while I was there but started up on my return to Paris. Decided to head off to the l'Orangerie as it has been reopened after many years of renovations. Well the line was so long and not moving. Supposedly someone said it would take 2 hours to get in!!!!! Should have done this before, went off to FNAC and bought a reservation for Sunday at 2pm, the earliest that was available. This will guarantee beautiful weather on Sunday :).

Went out in the early evening to take some night pictures. Off to the Tour Eiffel but soon as I got there the rain started again. Also they are building a stage at Trocadero that is blocking everyone's picture taking views. Hopefully Sunday or Monday evening will be clear to take the pictures, as Saturday and Tuesday I have my final concerts.

No comments: