21 November 2006

Monday on the Road to Rouen

Off to Rouen from Paris Gare St. Lazare. Had a bit of delay having my Eurail Pass validated and missed my original train, instead took the next one which was 2 hours later.

The train ride was enjoyable the 1 1/2 hour trip there and 1 hour 10 minutes back went very quick.

When I arrived it was raining and continued off and on while I was there. Cathedral Notre Dame is undergoing renovations and with it being dark outside it was extremely dark inside. Almost impossible to read the signs and notices inside the Cathedral.

Of course when it rains one tries to duck into stores every once and awhile. Unfortunately it was Monday and all the interesting stores were closed.

The historic town was nice with its numerous half-timbered buildings but the weather just ruined it for me.

No comments: